- SH Prov. 16:22 (to 1st :), 23, 24
- 22 Understanding is a wellspring of life unto him that hath it: 23 The heart of the wise teacheth his mouth, and addeth learning to his lips. 24 Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
- SH Ps. 67:1 (to 2nd ;), 2
- 1 God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us; 2 That thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations.
- SH Isa. 58:8 (to 1st ;)
- 8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee;
- SH Jer. 30:17 1st I (to 1st ;)
- 17 …I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD;
- SH Ps. 27:1 2nd the
- 1 …the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
- SH Luke 4:14
- 14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.
- SH Luke 5:17
- 17 And it came to pass on a certain day, as he was teaching, that there were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by, which were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judaea, and Jerusalem: and the power of the Lord was present to heal them.
- SH Luke 6:6-8, 10
- 6 And it came to pass also on another sabbath, that he entered into the synagogue and taught: and there was a man whose right hand was withered. 7 And the scribes and Pharisees watched him, whether he would heal on the sabbath day; that they might find an accusation against him. 8 But he knew their thoughts, and said to the man which had the withered hand, Rise up, and stand forth in the midst. And he arose and stood forth. 10 And looking round about upon them all, he said unto the man, Stretch forth thy hand. And he did so: and his hand was restored whole as the other.
- SH Luke 6:19
- 19 And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all.
- SH Luke 7:22 1st the
- 22 …the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.
- SH Mark 3:7 1st Jesus (to 1st :), 9, 10, 13-16
- 7 …Jesus withdrew himself with his disciples to the sea: 9 And he spake to his disciples, that a small ship should wait on him because of the multitude, lest they should throng him. 10 For he had healed many; insomuch that they pressed upon him for to touch him, as many as had plagues. 13 And he goeth up into a mountain, and calleth unto him whom he would: and they came unto him. 14 And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach, 15 And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils: 16 And Simon he surnamed Peter;
- SH Matt. 10:7, 8
- 7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
- SH Acts 9:32-34
- 32 And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all quarters, he came down also to the saints which dwelt at Lydda. 33 And there he found a certain man named Aeneas, which had kept his bed eight years, and was sick of the palsy. 34 And Peter said unto him, Aeneas, Jesus Christ maketh thee whole: arise, and make thy bed. And he arose immediately.
- SH Col. 1:1 (to 2nd ,), 12, 13
- 1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, 12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
- SH III John 1:2
- 2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
- SH 1:6-9
- Prayer, watching, and working, combined with self-im-
molation, are God’s gracious means for accomplishing
whatever has been successfully done for the Christian-
ization and health of mankind.
- SH 37:22-25
- port of that career! It is possible, – yea, it is the duty
and privilege of every child, man, and woman, – to follow
in some degree the example of the Master by the demon-
stration of Truth and Life, of health and holiness.
- SH 51:28
- Jesus was unselfish. His spirituality separated him
from sensuousness, and caused the selfish materialist
to hate him; but it was this spirituality which enabled
Jesus to heal the sick, cast out evil, and raise the
- SH 52:1-2 (to 1st .), 5
- From early boyhood he was about his “Father’s busi-
His senses drank in
the spiritual evidence of health, holiness, and life; their
senses testified oppositely, and absorbed the material evi-
dence of sin, sickness, and death.
- SH 72:30-32
- Not personal intercommunion but divine law is the com-
municator of truth, health, and harmony to earth and
- SH 79:5-6
- Thousands of instances could be cited of health restored
by changing the patient’s thoughts regarding death.
- SH 120:15 (to ;)
- Health is not a condition of matter, but of Mind; nor
can the material senses bear reliable testimony on the sub-
ject of health. The Science of Mind-healing
shows it to be impossible for aught but Mind
to testify truly or to exhibit the real status of man. There-
fore the divine Principle of Science, reversing the testi-
mony of the physical senses, reveals man as harmoniously
existent in Truth, which is the only basis of health; and
thus Science denies all disease, heals the sick, overthrows
false evidence, and refutes materialistic logic.
- SH 162:16-19
out the rules of Science in practice, the author has re-
stored health in cases of both acute and chronic disease in
their severest forms.
- SH 186:5-7
- Christian Science destroys material beliefs through the
understanding of Spirit, and the thoroughness of this work
- SH 194:8-9
- When one’s false belief is corrected
Truth sends a report of health over the body.
- SH 224:22-25
- A higher and more practical Christianity, demonstrat-
ing justice and meeting the needs of mortals in sickness
and in health, stands at the door of this age, knocking
- SH 299:26-30
- Corporeal sense, or error, may seem to hide Truth,
health, harmony, and Science, as the mist obscures the
sun or the mountain; but Science, the sunshine of Truth,
will melt away the shadow and reveal the celestial
- SH 371:28 2nd Mind
- the fact that Mind can do it; for Mind can impart
purity instead of impurity, strength instead of weak-
ness, and health instead of disease. Truth is an altera-
tive in the entire system, and can make it “every whit
- SH 412:24-27
- Realize the presence
of health and the fact of harmonious being, until the
body corresponds with the normal conditions of health
- SH 462:25-31
- The anatomy of Christian
Science teaches when and how to probe the self-in-
flicted wounds of selfishness, malice, envy, and hate. It
teaches the control of mad ambition. It unfolds the
hallowed influences of unselfishness, philanthropy, spir-
itual love. It urges the government of the body both
in health and in sickness.
- SH 485:14-17
- Emerge gently from matter into Spirit. Think not
to thwart the spiritual ultimate of all things, but come
naturally into Spirit through better health and
morals and as the result of spiritual growth.
- SH 428:30-32
- The author has healed hopeless organic disease, and
raised the dying to life and health through the under-
standing of God as the only Life.
SH 697:8-19 (to 1st .)
I had been in my sister’s home but
a few days, reading Science and Health almost con–
stantly, when I asked her if I had not better have
treatment for the tumor, which had given me so much
trouble. She said to me, “You feel well, do you not?”
I assured her that I never had felt so well as I had since
reaching there. “Well,” she said with decision, “your
tumor is gone, for God never made it,” and her statements
were true, for it has never been heard of from that day.
Since then I have been healed of chronic sore throat,
hay fever, and other troubles, and I know that Christian
Science is the truth.
SH 518:21-23 All the varied
expressions of God reflect health, holiness, immortality –
infinite Life, Truth, and Love.
Prov. 16:22 (to :), 23, 24
Ps. 67:1 (to 2nd ;), 2
Isa. 58:8 (to 1st ;)
Jer. 30:17 I (to ;)
Ps. 27:1 2nd the
Luke 6:6-8, 10
Luke 7:22 the
Mark 3:7 Jesus (to :), 9, 10, 13-16
Matt. 10:7, 8
Col. 1:1 (to 2nd ,), 12, 13
III John 1:2
SH 52:1-2 (to 1st .), 5
SH 120:15 (to ;)
SH 371:28 2nd Mind
SH 697:8-19 (to 1st .)