- KJV Ps 61:1, 3
- 1 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. 3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
- KJV Ps 62:1, 2
- 1 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. 2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
- KJV Nehemiah 1:1, 3, 41 The words of Nehemiah the son of Hachaliah. 3 And they said unto me, The remnant that are left of the captivity there in the province are in great affliction and reproach: the wall of Jerusalem also is broken down, and the gates thereof are burned with fire. 4 And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned certain days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven,
- KJV Nehemiah 2:1-6, 11, 17, 18
- 1 And it came to pass in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king, that wine was before him: and I took up the wine, and gave it unto the king. Now I had not been beforetime sad in his presence. 2 Wherefore the king said unto me, Why is thy countenance sad, seeing thou art not sick? this is nothing else but sorrow of heart. Then I was very sore afraid, 3 And said unto the king, Let the king live for ever: why should not my countenance be sad, when the city, the place of my fathers’ sepulchres, lieth waste, and the gates thereof are consumed with fire? 4 Then the king said unto me, For what dost thou make request? So I prayed to the God of heaven. 5 And I said unto the king, If it please the king, and if thy servant have found favour in thy sight, that thou wouldest send me unto Judah, unto the city of my fathers’ sepulchres, that I may build it. 6 And the king said unto me, For how long shall thy journey be? and when wilt thou return? So it pleased the king to send me; and I set him a time. 11 So I came to Jerusalem, 17 Then said I unto them, Ye see the distress that we are in, how Jerusalem lieth waste, and the gates thereof are burned with fire: come, and let us build up the wall of Jerusalem, that we be no more a reproach. 18 Then I told them of the hand of my God which was good upon me; as also the king’s words that he had spoken unto me. And they said, Let us rise up and build. So they strengthened their hands for this good work.
- KJV Nehemiah 4:7-9, 17,18
- 7 But it came to pass, that when Sanballat, and Tobiah, and the Arabians, and the Ammonites, and the Ashdodites, heard that the walls of Jerusalem were made up, and that the breaches began to be stopped, then they were very wroth, 8 And conspired all of them together to come and to fight against Jerusalem, and to hinder it. 9 Nevertheless we made our prayer unto our God, and set a watch against them day and night, because of them. 17 They which builded on the wall, and they that bare burdens, with those that laded, every one with one of his hands wrought in the work, and with the other hand held a weapon. 18 For the builders, every one had his sword girded by his side, and so builded.
- KJV Nehemiah 6:15, 16
- 15 So the wall was finished in the twenty and fifth day of the month Elul, in fifty and two days. 16 And it came to pass, that when all our enemies heard thereof, and all the heathen that were about us saw these things, they were much cast down in their own eyes: for they perceived that this work was wrought of our God.
- KJV I Peter 2:1-7, 9, 10
- 1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, all evil speakings, 2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: 3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious. 4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, 5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. 6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. 7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, 9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light; 10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
- KJV Ps 127:1
- 1 Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
- KJV Matthew 7:24-29
- 24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. 28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: 29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
- KJV Hebrews 3:4
- 4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
- S&H 599:6
- ZION: Spiritual foundation and superstructure; inspiration; spiritual strength.
- S&H 201:7
- We cannot build safely on false foundations. Truth
makes a new creature, in whom old things pass away
and “all things are become new.” Passions, selfishness,
false appetites, hatred, fear, all sensuality, yield to spirit-
uality, and the superabundance of being is on the side
of God, good.
- S&H 241:23-27
- One’s aim, a point beyond faith, should be to find the
footsteps of Truth, the way to health and holiness. We
should strive to reach the Horeb height where God is re-
vealed; and the corner-stone of all spiritual building is
- S&H 262:27-31
- The foundation of mortal discord is a false sense of
man’s origin. To begin rightly is to end rightly. Every
concept which seems to begin with the brain
begins falsely. Divine Mind is the only cause
or Principle of existence.
- S&H 269:21
- The testimony of the material senses is neither abso-
lute nor divine. I therefore plant myself unreservedly
on the teachings of Jesus, of his apostles, of
the prophets, and on the testimony of the
Science of Mind. Other foundations there are none.
All other systems – systems based wholly or partly on
knowledge gained through the material senses – are reeds
shaken by the wind, not houses built on the rock.
- S&H 287:22-23
- Error is false, mortal belief; it is illusion, without spir-
itual identity or foundation, and it has no real existence.
- S&H 428:8
- To divest
thought of false trusts and material evidences in order
that the spiritual facts of being may appear, – this is
the great attainment by means of which we shall sweep
away the false and give place to the true. Thus we may
establish in truth the temple, or body, “whose builder
and maker is God.
- S&H 595:7-9
- TEMPLE. Body; the idea of Life, substance, and in-
telligence; the superstructure of Truth; the shrine of
- S&H 483:30
- One must fulfil
one’s mission without timidity or dissimulation, for to be
well done, the work must be done unselfishly. Christianity
will never be based on a divine Principle and so found to
be unerring, until its absolute Science is reached. When
this is accomplished, neither pride, prejudice, bigotry,
nor envy can wash away its foundation, for it is built upon
the rock, Christ.
- S&H 136:1-6, 11-16
- Jesus established his church and maintained his mission
on a spiritual foundation of Christ-healing. He taught
his followers that his religion had a divine
Principle, which would cast out error and heal
both the sick and the sinning. He claimed no intelli-
gence, action, nor life separate from God.
He appealed to his students: “Whom do
men say that I, the Son of man, am?” That
is: Who or what is it that is thus identified with casting
out evils and healing the sick? They replied, “Some
say that thou art John the Baptist; some, Elias; and
others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
- S&H 137:8-9, 16-9
- Yearning to be understood, the Master repeated,
“But whom say ye that I am?
With his usual impetuosity, Simon replied for his
brethren, and his reply set forth a great fact: “Thou
art the Christ, the Son of the living God!”
That is: The Messiah is what thou hast de-
clared, – Christ, the spirit of God, of Truth, Life, and
Love, which heals mentally. This assertion elicited from
Jesus the benediction, “Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-
jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee,
but my Father which is in heaven;” that is, Love hath
shown thee the way of Life!
Before this the impetuous disciple had been called
only by his common names, Simon Bar-jona, or son of
Jona; but now the Master gave him a spir-
itual name in these words: “And I say also
unto thee, That thou art Peter; and upon this rock [the
meaning of the Greek word petros, or stone] I will build
my church; and the gates of hell [hades, the under-
world, or the grave] shall not prevail against it.” In
other words, Jesus purposed founding his society, not
on the personal Peter as a mortal, but on the God-
power which lay behind Peter’s confession of the true
It was now evident to Peter that divine Life, Truth, and
Love, and not a human personality, was the healer of the
sick and a rock, a firm foundation in the realm
- S&H 138:14
- The supremacy of Spirit was the foundation on which
Jesus built. His sublime summary points to the religion
- S&H 35:19 2nd Our, 20-25
church is built on the divine Principle, Love. We can
unite with this church only as we are new-
born of Spirit, as we reach the Life which
is Truth and the Truth which is Life by bringing forth
the fruits of Love, – casting out error and healing the
Nehemiah 4:7-9,17,18 (builded)
I Peter 2:1-7,9,10
Nehemiah 4:7-9,17,18 (builded)
I Peter 2:1-7,9,10
35:19 Our, 20-25
35:19 Our, 20-25
Hymn 71, 293, 176