Isaiah 55 NKJV
55 “Ho! Everyone who thirsts,
Come to the waters;
And you who have no money,
Come, buy and eat.
Yes, come, buy wine and milk
Without money and without price.
2 …let your soul delight itself in abundance.
3 Incline your ear, and come to Me.
Hear, and your soul shall live;
10 “For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,
And do not return there,
But water the earth,
And make it bring forth and bud,
That it may give seed to the sower
And bread to the eater,
11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
12 “For you shall go out with joy,
And be led out with peace;
The mountains and the hills
Shall break forth into singing before you,
And all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
The Wednesday Feb. 12, 2014 readings, 2nd Church, Berkeley
KJV Ps. 119:33, 41, 44, 45 (to 1st :)
- 33 Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end. 41 Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word. 44 So shall I keep thy law continually for ever and ever. 45 And I will walk at liberty:
- KJV Isa. 61:1
- 1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
- KJV Ps. 68:5, 6 (to 1st :), 18 (to 1st :), 19
- 5 A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation. 6 God setteth the solitary in families: 18 Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: 19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.
- KJV Isa. 35:10
- 10 And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
- KJV John 8:31, 32
- 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
- KJV Luke 13:10-13
- 10 And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath. 11 And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself. 12 And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity. 13 And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.
- KJV Rom. 8:18 1st I, 21
- 18 …I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
- KJV Rom. 8:2
- 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
- KJV James 1:25 1st whoso
- 25 …whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
- KJV Rev. 21:6 1st I will
- 6 …I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
- KJV Rom. 6:22 1st now
- 22 …now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
- KJV 257:27
- tions? Infinite Mind cannot be limited to a finite form,
or Mind would lose its infinite character as inexhaustible
Love, eternal Life, omnipotent Truth.
- KJV 244:7-12
- If we were to derive all our conceptions of man from
what is seen between the cradle and the grave, happi-
ness and goodness would have no abiding-place in man,
and the worms would rob him of the flesh; but Paul
writes: “The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath
made me free from the law of sin and death.
- KJV 258:1-6, 9, 21-27, 31-1
- A mortal, corporeal, or
finite conception of God cannot embrace the glories of
limitless, incorporeal Life and Love. Hence
the unsatisfied human craving for something
better, higher, holier, than is afforded by a
material belief in a physical God and man.
Man is more than a material form with a mind inside,
which must escape from its environments in
order to be immortal. Man reflects infinity,
and this reflection is the true idea of God.
human capacities are enlarged and perfected in propor-
tion as humanity gains the true conception of man and
Mortals have a very imperfect sense of the spiritual
man and of the infinite range of his thought. To him
belongs eternal Life.
Through spiritual sense you can discern the heart of
divinity, and thus begin to comprehend in Science the
generic term _man.
- KJV 259:6 (only)
- In divine Science, man is the true image of God.
- KJV 84:14-23
- Acquaintance with the Science of being enables us to
commune more largely with the divine Mind, to foresee
and foretell events which concern the universal welfare,
to be divinely inspired, – yea, to reach the range of fetter-
To understand that Mind is infinite, not bounded by
corporeality, not dependent upon the ear and eye for
sound or sight nor upon muscles and bones
for locomotion, is a step towards the Mind-
science by which we discern man’s nature and existence.
- KJV 502:28
- Truth, and Love – is God. The universe reflects God.
There is but one creator and one creation. This crea-
tion consists of the unfolding of spiritual ideas and their
identities, which are embraced in the infinite Mind and
forever reflected. These ideas range from the infini-
tesimal to infinity, and the highest ideas are the sons
and daughters of God.
- KJV 513:27-6
- So-called mortal mind – being non-
existent and consequently not within the range of im-
mortal existence – could not by simulating deific power
invert the divine creation, and afterwards recreate per-
sons or things upon its own plane, since noth-
ing exists beyond the range of all-inclusive
infinity, in which and of which God is the
- KJV 223:3-6
- Sooner or later we shall learn
that the fetters of man’s finite capacity are forged by the
illusion that he lives in body instead of in Soul, in matter
instead of in Spirit.
- KJV 225:16
few immortal sentences, breathing the omnipo-
tence of divine justice, have been potent to break despotic
fetters and abolish the whipping-post and slave market;
but oppression neither went down in blood, nor did the
breath of freedom come from the cannon’s mouth. Love
is the liberator.
- KJV 226:18-21, 25
- Human codes, scholastic theology, material medicine and
hygiene, fetter faith and spiritual understanding. Divine
Science rends asunder these fetters, and man’s birthright
of sole allegiance to his Maker asserts itself.
The lame, the deaf, the dumb, the blind, the sick, the
sensual, the sinner, I wished to save from the slavery of
their own beliefs and from the educational
systems of the Pharaohs, who to-day, as of
yore, hold the children of Israel in bondage. I saw be-
fore me the awful conflict, the Red Sea and the wilder-
ness; but I pressed on through faith in God, trusting
Truth, the strong deliverer, to guide me into the land
of Christian Science, where fetters fall and the rights of
man are fully known and acknowledged.
- KJV 292:7-10
- Truth will be to us “the resurrection and the life” only
as it destroys all error and the belief that Mind, the only
immortality of man, can be fettered by the
body, and Life be controlled by death.
- KJV 584:9-15
- DEATH. An illusion, the lie of life in matter; the un-
real and untrue; the opposite of Life.
Matter has no life, hence it has no real existence. Mind
is immortal. The flesh, warring against Spirit; that
which frets itself free from one belief only to be fettered
by another, until every belief of life where Life is not
yields to eternal Life.
- KJV Mat 10:8 1st freely
- 8 …freely ye have received, freely give.
Ps. 119:33, 41, 44, 45 (to :)
Ps. 68:5, 6 (to :), 18 (to :), 19
John 8:31, 32
Rom. 8:18 I, 21
James 1:25 whoso
Rev. 21:6 I will
Rom. 6:22 now
SH 258:1-6, 9, 21-27, 31-1
SH 259:6 (only)
SH 226:18-21, 25
Mat 10:8 freely
2 Cor. 3:18 the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image. Amen. (NLT)
3 See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are! Amen.