First Church of Christ, Scientist-Asheville, NC Wednesday Meeting 11-23-2016
- KJV Matt 18:20 1st where
- 20 …where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
- KJV Mark 6:30-44
- 30 And the apostles gathered themselves together unto Jesus, and told him all things, both what they had done, and what they had taught. 31 And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat. 32 And they departed into a desert place by ship privately. 33 And the people saw them departing, and many knew him, and ran afoot thither out of all cities, and outwent them, and came together unto him. 34 And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many things. 35 And when the day was now far spent, his disciples came unto him, and said, This is a desert place, and now the time is far passed: 36 Send them away, that they may go into the country round about, and into the villages, and buy themselves bread: for they have nothing to eat. 37 He answered and said unto them, Give ye them to eat. And they say unto him, Shall we go and buy two hundred pennyworth of bread, and give them to eat? 38 He saith unto them, How many loaves have ye? go and see. And when they knew, they say, Five, and two fishes. 39 And he commanded them to make all sit down by companies upon the green grass. 40 And they sat down in ranks, by hundreds, and by fifties. 41 And when he had taken the five loaves and the two fishes, he looked up to heaven, and blessed, and brake the loaves, and gave them to his disciples to set before them; and the two fishes divided he among them all. 42 And they did all eat, and were filled. 43 And they took up twelve baskets full of the fragments, and of the fishes. 44 And they that did eat of the loaves were about five thousand men.
- KJV Acts 2:1-2, 4, 42-44, 46-47
- 1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. 42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. 43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. 44 And all that believed were together, 46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
- KJV Eph 1:1-3
- 1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: 2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
- KJV Eph 4:3-7, 11-15, 24, 32
- 3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. 7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. 11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
- S&H 17:4-5
- Give us this day our daily bread;
_Give us grace for to-day;
- S&H 410:9
- The Scriptures
say, “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every
word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God,” show-
ing that Truth is the actual life of man; but mankind
objects to making this teaching practical.
- S&H 21:9
- If the disciple is advancing spiritually, he is striv-
ing to enter in. He constantly turns away from ma-
terial sense, and looks towards the imperishable things
of Spirit. If honest, he will be in earnest from the
start, and gain a little each day in the right direction,
till at last he finishes his course with joy.
- S&H 518:15-19
- The rich in spirit help the poor in
one grand brotherhood, all having the same
Principle, or Father; and blessed is that man who seeth
his brother’s need and supplieth it, seeking his own in
- S&H 519:11
man capacity is slow to discern and to grasp
God’s creation and the divine power and presence which
go with it, demonstrating its spiritual origin. Mortals
can never know the infinite, until they throw off the old
man and reach the spiritual image and likeness. What
can fathom infinity! How shall we declare Him, till,
in the language of the apostle, “we all come in the unity
of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto
a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the ful-
ness of Christ”?
- S&H 46:30-9
- His students  received the Holy Ghost. By this is
meant, that by all they had witnessed and suffered, they
were roused to an enlarged understanding of divine Sci-
ence, even to the spiritual interpretation and discernment
of Jesus’ teachings and demonstrations, which gave them
a faint conception of the Life which is God.
They no longer measured man by material
sense. After gaining the true idea of their glorified Master,
they became better healers, leaning no longer on matter,
but on the divine Principle of their work. The influx of
light was sudden. It was sometimes an overwhelming
power as on the Day of Pentecost.
- S&H 90:24-25, 27-30
- The admission to one’s self that man is God’s own like-
ness sets man free to master the infinite idea.
and recognition of Spirit must finally come, and we may
as well improve our time in solving the mysteries of being
through an apprehension of divine Principle.
- S&H 202:3-13
- The scientific unity which exists between God and man
must be wrought out in life-practice, and God’s will must
be universally done.
If men would bring to bear upon the study of the
Science of Mind half the faith they bestow upon the so-
called pains and pleasures of material sense,
they would not go on from bad to worse,
until disciplined by the prison and the scaffold; but
the whole human family would be redeemed through
the merits of Christ, – through the perception and ac-
ceptance of Truth.
- S&H 40:25
- Our heavenly Father, divine Love, demands that all
men should follow the example of our Master and his
apostles and not merely worship his personal-
ity. It is sad that the phrase divine service
has come so generally to mean public worship instead of
- S&H 206:15
- In the scientific relation of God to man, we find that
whatever blesses one blesses all, as Jesus showed with
the loaves and the fishes, – Spirit, not matter, being the
source of supply.
- S&H 470:32-5
- The relations of God and man, divine Principle and
idea, are indestructible in Science; and Science knows
no lapse from nor return to harmony, but holds the divine
order or spiritual law, in which God and all that He cre-
ates are perfect and eternal, to have remained unchanged
in its eternal history.
- S&H 234:4
- Whatever inspires with wisdom, Truth, or Love – be
it song, sermon, or Science – blesses the human family
with crumbs of comfort from Christ’s table
feeding the hungry and giving living waters to
- S&H 322:3
- When understanding changes the standpoints of life and
intelligence from a material to a spiritual basis, we shall
gain the reality of Life, the control of Soul over
sense, and we shall perceive Christianity, or
Truth, in its divine Principle. This must be the climax
before harmonious and immortal man is obtained and his
capabilities revealed. It is highly important – in view
of the immense work to be accomplished before this recog-
nition of divine Science can come – to turn our thoughts
towards divine Principle, that finite belief may be pre-
pared to relinquish its error.
- S&H 576:31-4
- This human sense of Deity yields to the divine
sense, even as the material sense of personality yields
to the incorporeal sense of God and man as the infinite
Principle and infinite idea, – as one Father with His uni-
versal family, held in the gospel of Love.
Matt 18:20 where
Acts 2:1-2, 4, 42-44, 46-47
Eph 4:3-7, 11-15, 24, 32
Acts 2:1-2, 4, 42-44, 46-47
Eph 4:3-7, 11-15, 24, 32
196…Now is the time approaching
266…Our God is Love
278…Pilgrim on earth, home and Heaven are within thee
Link to share this: https://pleasantviewer.org/gather-together/