- KJV Gen. 1:3, 4 (to 1st :)
- 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good:
- KJV Isa. 52:7
- 7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
- KJV Isa. 9:6
- 6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
- KJV Mark 1:14-18, 23-27, 40-42
- 14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel. 16 Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. 17 And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men. 18 And straightway they forsook their nets, and followed him. 23 And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out, 24 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God. 25 And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. 26 And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him. 27 And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him. 40 And there came a leper to him, beseeching him, and kneeling down to him, and saying unto him, If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. 41 And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean. 42 And as soon as he had spoken, immediately the leprosy departed from him, and he was cleansed.
- KJV Mark 2:1-12
- 1 And again he entered into Capernaum after some days; and it was noised that he was in the house. 2 And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them. 3 And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four. 4 And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay. 5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee. 6 But there was certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts, 7 Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only? 8 And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts? 9 Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk? 10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,) 11 I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house. 12 And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all; insomuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion.
- KJV John 8:12
- 12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
- KJV Luke 8:1 (to 1st :)
- 1 And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God:
- KJV 135:26-32
- Christianity as Jesus taught it was not
a creed, nor a system of ceremonies, nor a special gift
from a ritualistic Jehovah; but it was the demonstration
of divine Love casting out error and healing the sick,
not merely in the name of Christ, or Truth, but in demon-
stration of Truth, as must be the case in the cycles of
- divine light.
- KJV 72:9-13 As
- As light destroys darkness and in the place of darkness all is light, so (in absolute Science) Soul, or God,
is the only truth-giver to man. Truth destroys mortality, and brings to light immortality.
- KJV 215:15-21
- We are sometimes led to believe that darkness is as real
as light; but Science affirms darkness to be only a mortal
sense of the absence of light, at the coming of
which darkness loses the appearance of reality.
So sin and sorrow, disease and death, are the suppositional
- absence of Life, God, and flee as phantoms of error before
- truth and love.
- KJV 108:19-29
- When apparently near the confines of mortal existence,
standing already within the shadow of the death-valley,
I learned these truths in divine Science: that
all real being is in God, the divine Mind, and
that Life, Truth, and Love are all-powerful and ever-
present; that the opposite of Truth, – called error, sin,
sickness, disease, death, – is the false testimony of false
material sense, of mind in matter; that this false sense
evolves, in belief, a subjective state of mortal mind which
this same so-called mind names matter thereby shutting
out the true sense of Spirit.
- KJV 109:11
- For three years after my discovery, I sought the solu-
tion of this problem of Mind-healing, searched the Scrip-
tures and read little else, kept aloof from so-
ciety, and devoted time and energies to dis-
covering a positive rule. The search was sweet, calm, and buoyant with hope, not selfish nor depressing. I knew
the Principle of all harmonious Mind-action to be God,
and that cures were produced in primitive Christian
healing by holy, uplifting faith; but I must know the
Science of this healing, and I won my way to absolute
conclusions through divine revelation, reason, and dem-
onstration. The revelation of Truth in the understand-
ing came to me gradually and apparently through divine
power. When a new spiritual idea is borne to earth, the
prophetic Scripture of Isaiah is renewedly fulfilled:
“Unto us a child is born, . . . and his name shall be
- KJV 110:8
- Thus it was that I beheld, as never before, the awful
unreality called evil. The equipollence of God brought
to light another glorious proposition, – man’s perfecti-
bility and the establishment of the kingdom of heaven on
- KJV 338:1-4 (to ;)
- Christian Science, rightly understood, leads to eternal harmony. It brings to light the only living and true God and man as made in His likeness;
- KJV 461:11-15
by the illumination of the spiritual sense, can the light of understanding be
thrown upon this Science, because Science reverses the evidence before the material senses and furnishes the eternal interpretation of God and man.
- KJV 276:12-14
- The realization that all inharmony is unreal brings
objects and thoughts into human view in their true light,
and presents them as beautiful and immortal.
- KJV 117:24
- Evidence drawn from the five physical senses relates
solely to human reason; and because of opaci-
ty to the true light, human reason dimly re-
flects and feebly transmits Jesus’ works and words. Truth
is a revelation.
- KJV 118:10-12
- Ages pass, but this leaven of Truth is ever at work. It
must destroy the entire mass of error, and so be eternally
glorified in man’s spiritual freedom.
- KJV 191:8
- As a material, theoretical life-basis is found to be a
misapprehension of existence, the spiritual and divine
Principle of man dawns upon human thought,
and leads it to “where the young child was,”
– even to the birth of a new-old idea, to the spiritual
sense of being and of what Life includes. Thus the whole
earth will be transformed by Truth on its pinions of light,
chasing away the darkness of error.
- KJV 280:4-6
- From Love and from the light and harmony
which are the abode of Spirit, only reflections
of good can come.
- KJV 288:31-1
- The eternal Truth destroys what mortals seem to have
learned from error, and man’s real existence as a child
of God comes to light.
- KJV 255:3-6
- “Let there be light,” is the perpetual demand of Truth and Love, changing chaos into order and discord into the
music of the spheres.
Mark 1:14-18, 23-27, 40-42
Luke 8:1 (to :)
SH 72:9-13 As
SH 338:1-4 (to ;)
11 Angels at the Saviour’s birth
362 To us a Child of Hope is born
170 Let every creature hail the morn