Read from Bible New Living Translation though posted below in King James
New Living Translation
- KJV Isaiah 33:22
- 22 …the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.
- KJV Ps 22:22, 25, 27, 28
- 22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee. 25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him. 27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee. 28 For the kingdom is the LORD’s: and he is the governor among the nations.
- KJV John 1:1-4
- 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
- KJV John 14:12
- 12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do;
- KJV Matt 4:23
- 23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
- KJV Matt 5:38-48
- 38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. 41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. 43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
- KJV Mark 2:1-5, 11, 12
- 1 And again he entered into Capernaum after some days; and it was noised that he was in the house. 2 And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them. 3 And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four. 4 And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay. 5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee. 11 I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house. 12 And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all; insomuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion.
- KJV Luke 9:51-56
- 51 And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem, 52 And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him. 53 And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem. 54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? 55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. 56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.
- KJV I John 4:7, 8
- 7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
- KJV Romans 8:38, 39
- 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- S&H 224:31-4
- No power can withstand divine Love.
What is this supposed power, which opposes itself to God?
Whence cometh it? What is it that binds man with iron
shackles to sin, sickness, and death? Whatever enslaves
man is opposed to the divine government. Truth makes
- S&H 225:8-22
- The powers of this world will fight,
and will command their sentinels not to let truth pass
the guard until it subscribes to their systems; but Science,
heeding not the pointed bayonet, marches on. There is
always some tumult, but there is a rallying to truth’s
The history of our country, like all history, illustrates
the might of Mind, and shows human power to be propor-
tionate to its embodiment of right thinking. A
few immortal sentences, breathing the omnipo-
tence of divine justice, have been potent to break despotic
fetters and abolish the whipping-post and slave market;
but oppression neither went down in blood, nor did the
breath of freedom come from the cannon’s mouth. Love
is the liberator.
- S&H 106:6
- Like our nation, Christian Science has its Declaration
of Independence. God has endowed man with inalien-
able rights, among which are self-government,
reason, and conscience. Man is properly self-
governed only when he is guided rightly and governed by
his Maker, divine Truth and Love.
- S&H 264:32-3
- The universe of Spirit is peopled with spiritual beings,
and its government is divine Science. Man is the off-
spring, not of the lowest, but of the highest qualities of
- S&H 265:10
- This scientific sense of being, forsaking matter for
Spirit, by no means suggests man’s absorption into Deity
and the loss of his identity, but confers upon man en-
larged individuality, a wider sphere of thought and action,
a more expansive love, a higher and more permanent
- S&H 128:4-6, 14
- The term Science, properly understood, refers only to
the laws of God and to His government of the universe,
inclusive of man.
edge of the Science of being develops the latent abilities
and possibilities of man. It extends the atmosphere of
thought, giving mortals access to broader and higher
realms. It raises the thinker into his native air of insight
- S&H 82:31-2
- In a world of sin and sensuality hastening to a
greater development of power, it is wise earnestly to
consider whether it is the human mind or the divine
Mind which is influencing one.
- S&H 125:12-16
- As human thought changes from one stage to an-
other of conscious pain and painlessness, sorrow and
joy, – from fear to hope and from faith to understand-
ing, – the visible manifestation will at last be man gov-
erned by Soul, not by material sense.
- S&H 547:25
- The true the-
ory of the universe, including man, is not in
material history but in spiritual development.
Inspired thought relinquishes a material, sensual, and
mortal theory of the universe, and adopts the spiritual and
- S&H 231:30-8
- Man, governed by his Maker, having no other Mind, –
planted on the Evangelist’s statement that “all things
were made by Him [the Word of God]; and without
Him was not anything made that was made,” – can
triumph over sin, sickness, and death.
Many theories relative to God and man neither make
man harmonious nor God lovable. The beliefs we com-
monly entertain about happiness and life
afford no scatheless and permanent evidence
of either. Security for the claims of harmonious and
eternal being is found only in divine Science.
- S&H 232:32-7
- There is neither place nor opportunity in Science for error
of any sort. Every day makes its demands upon us for
higher proofs rather than professions of Christian power.
These proofs consist solely in the destruction
of sin, sickness, and death by the power of
Spirit, as Jesus destroyed them. This is an element of
progress, and progress is the law of God, whose law de-
mands of us only what we can certainly fulfil.
- S&H 261:4
- Hold thought steadfastly to the endur-
ing, the good, and the true, and you will bring these
into your experience proportionably to their occupancy
of your thoughts.
- S&H 300:13-17
- The temporal and unreal never touch the eternal and
real. The mutable and imperfect never touch the im-
mutable and perfect. The inharmonious and
self-destructive never touch the harmonious
- S&H 503:24
- God creates neither erring thought,
mortal life, mutable truth, nor variable love.
- S&H 420:3-4
- Truth not error, Love
not hate, Spirit not matter, governs man.
- S&H 392:24 Stand (to be thought.)
- Stand porter at the door of thought.
- S&H 393:16-18
- Be firm in your understanding that the divine Mind
governs, and that in Science man reflects God’s govern-
- S&H 6:14-18, 3 only
- To reach
heaven, the harmony of being, we must understand
the divine Principle of being.
“God is Love.” More than this we cannot ask,
higher we cannot look, farther we cannot go.
Divine Love corrects and governs man.
- S&H 224:31 only
- No power can withstand divine Love.
Ps 22:22, 25, 27, 28
Mark 2:1-5, 11, 12
I John 4:7, 8
Romans 8:38, 39
392:24 Stand (to be thought.)
6:14-18, 3 only
204…O Father, Thy kingdom is come upon earth
316…Speak gently, it is better far to rule by love than fear
164:…Joy to the world, the Lord is come