- SH Luke 4:14 1st Jesus, 15-22 (to 1st .)
- 14 …Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. 15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. 16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. 17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears. 22 And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth.
- SH John 5:2-9 (to 1st :)
- 2 Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches. 3 In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water. 4 For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had. 5 And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years. 6 When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole? 7 The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me. 8 Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk. 9 And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked:
- SH Acts 3:1 1st Peter, 2-10
- 1 …Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour. 2 And a certain man lame from his mother’s womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple; 3 Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms. 4 And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us. 5 And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them. 6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. 7 And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. 8 And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God. 9 And all the people saw him walking and praising God: 10 And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him.
- SH Acts 14:8-10
- 8 And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother’s womb, who never had walked: 9 The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, 10 Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked.
- SH Zeph. 3:17
- 17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
- SH 272:25 ; 273:1-2, 10-12
- tian Science. The triumphs of Christian Science are re-
corded in the destruction of error and evil, from which are
propagated the dismal beliefs of sin, sickness, and death.
sense of the Scriptures brings out the scientific sense, and
is the new tongue referred to in the last chapter of Mark’s
- SH 243:25-6
- Truth has no consciousness of error. Love has no
sense of hatred. Life has no partnership
with death. Truth, Life, and Love are a law
of annihilation to everything unlike themselves, because
they declare nothing except God.
Sickness, sin, and death are not the fruits of Life.
They are inharmonies which Truth destroys. Perfection
does not animate imperfection. Inasmuch as God is
good and the fount of all being, He does not produce
moral or physical deformity; therefore such deformity is
not real, but is illusion, the mirage of error.
Divine Science reveals these grand facts. On
their basis Jesus demonstrated Life, never
fearing nor obeying error in any form.
- SH 263:7-14
- When mortal man blends his thoughts of existence
with the spiritual and works only as God works,
he will no longer grope in the dark and cling
to earth because he has not tasted heaven.
Carnal beliefs defraud us. They make man an involun-
tary hypocrite, – producing evil when he would create
good, forming deformity when he would outline grace
and beauty, injuring those whom he would bless.
- SH 244:23-32
- Man in Science is neither young nor old. He has
neither birth nor death. He is not a beast, a vegetable,
nor a migratory mind. He does not pass from
matter to Mind, from the mortal to the im-
mortal, from evil to good, or from good to evil. Such
admissions cast us headlong into darkness and dogma.
Even Shakespeare’s poetry pictures age as infancy, as
helplessness and decadence, instead of assigning to man
the everlasting grandeur and immortality of development,
power, and prestige.
- SH 248:3-5
- Love never loses sight of loveliness. Its halo rests upon
its object. One marvels that a friend can ever seem less
- SH 247:28-30
- The embellishments of the person are poor substitutes
for the charms of being, shining resplendent and eternal
over age and decay.
- SH 214:28-30, 32
- Neither age nor
accident can interfere with the senses of Soul,
and there are no other real senses.
Spirit’s senses are with-
out pain, and they are forever at peace. Nothing can hide
from them the harmony of all things and the might and
permanence of Truth.
- SH 178:8-10, 13
- Heredity is not a law. The remote cause or belief
of disease is not dangerous because of its priority and
the connection of past mortal thoughts with present.
Perhaps an adult has a deformity produced prior to his
birth by the fright of his mother. When wrested from
human belief and based on Science or the divine Mind, to
which all things are possible, that chronic case is not
difficult to cure.
porter at the door of thought. When the condition is present
which you say induces disease, whether it be air,
heredity, contagion, or accident, then perform your office
as porter and shut out these unhealthy thoughts and fears.
Exclude from mortal mind the offending errors;
body cannot suffer from them.
SH 605:8-10, 13-20, 22-23
couragement, and understood in a measure that God is
my Life and that all action is in divine Mind. A larger sense of
joy and gratitude did much towards overcoming indigestion, which had caused suffering for a
number of years. A sprained ankle was cured in a few
hours by applying what I understood of Christian
Science, and by holding steadfastly to the statement
our Leader makes on page 384 of Science and Health,
that “God never punishes man for doing right, for
honest labor, or for deeds of kindness.” Beliefs of
heredity and lack have been overcome, and self-will, self-love, and pride are less in evidence.
and its formations can never be annihilated. Man is not
a pendulum, swinging between evil and good, joy and
sorrow, sickness and health, life and death.
Life and its faculties are not measured by
calendars. The perfect and immortal are the eternal
likeness of their Maker.
radiant sun of virtue and truth
coexists with being. Manhood is its
eternal noon, un–
dimmed by a declining sun.
ease are not His laws, for the legitimate and only
action of Truth is the production of harmony.
John 5:2-9 (to :)
Acts 3:1 Peter, 2-10
SH 272:25; 273:1-2, 10-12
SH 214:28-30, 32
SH 178:8-10, 13
SH 392:24 Stand (only, to 2nd .), 27-32
SH 605:8-10, 13-20, 22-23
SH 245:32-6, 11-13, 23-25