- SH Ex. 16:2-4 1st the, 6, 7 (to 1st ;), 10-15
- 2 …the whole congregation of the children of Israel murmured against Moses and Aaron in the wilderness: 3 And the children of Israel said unto them, Would to God we had died by the hand of the LORD in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the flesh pots, and when we did eat bread to the full; for ye have brought us forth into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with hunger. 4 Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no. 6 And Moses and Aaron said unto all the children of Israel, At even, then ye shall know that the LORD hath brought you out from the land of Egypt: 7 And in the morning, then ye shall see the glory of the LORD; 10 And it came to pass, as Aaron spake unto the whole congregation of the children of Israel, that they looked toward the wilderness, and, behold, the glory of the LORD appeared in the cloud. 11 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 12 I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel: speak unto them, saying, At even ye shall eat flesh, and in the morning ye shall be filled with bread; and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God. 13 And it came to pass, that at even the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the host. 14 And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground. 15 And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the LORD hath given you to eat.
- SH Matt. 14:14-20
- 14 And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick. 15 And when it was evening, his disciples came to him, saying, This is a desert place, and the time is now past; send the multitude away, that they may go into the villages, and buy themselves victuals. 16 But Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to eat. 17 And they say unto him, We have here but five loaves, and two fishes. 18 He said, Bring them hither to me. 19 And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude. 20 And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full.
- SH Matt. 6:25 1st Is, 31, 33
25 Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? … 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? … 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
- KJV Phil. 4:19 1st my, 20
- my God
shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.Now
unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
- KJV 133:9-10
- In the wilderness, streams flowed
from the rock, and manna fell from the sky.
- KJV 206:15-18
- In the scientific relation of God to man, we find that
whatever blesses one blesses all, as Jesus showed with
the loaves and the fishes, – Spirit, not matter, being the
source of supply.
- KJV 531:10
- sying thus: The human mind will sometime
rise above all material and physical sense, ex-
changing it for spiritual perception, and exchanging hu-
man concepts for the divine consciousness. Then man
will recognize his God-given dominion and being.
- KJV 367:30-1
- Because Truth is infinite, error should be known as
nothing. Because Truth is omnipotent in goodness,
error, Truth’s opposite, has no might. Evil is but the
counterpoise of nothingness.
- KJV 391:29-32
- Mentally contradict every complaint from the body,
and rise to the true consciousness of Life as
Love, – as all that is pure, and bearing the
fruits of Spirit.
- KJV 261:27-30
- Fixing your gaze on the realities supernal, you will
rise to the spiritual consciousness of being, even as the bird
which has burst from the egg and preens its wings for a
- KJV 269:14-20
- Metaphysics resolves
things into thoughts, and exchanges the objects of sense
for the ideas of Soul.
These ideas are perfectly real and tangible to spiritual
consciousness, and they have this advantage over the ob-
jects and thoughts of material sense, – they are good and
- KJV 368:6, 22-24
- Both truth and error have come
nearer than ever before to the apprehension of mortals,
and truth will become still clearer as error is self-
Neither evil, disease, nor death can be
spiritual, and the material belief in them dis-
appears in the ratio of one’s spiritual growth.
- KJV 311:26-28
- The objects cognized by the physical senses have not
the reality of substance. They are only what mortal
belief calls them.
- KJV 297:12-15 Change
- Change the
evidence, and that disappears which before seemed real
to this false belief, and the human conscious-
ness rises higher.
- KJV 162:4-7, 9
- Christian Science brings to the body the sunlight of
Truth, which invigorates and purifies. Christian Science
acts as an alterative, neutralizing error with
The effect of this Science is
to stir the human mind to a change of base, on which it
may yield to the harmony of the divine Mind.
- KJV 347:26-29
- The dream that matter and error are something
must yield to reason and revelation. Then mortals
will behold the nothingness of sickness and sin, and
sin and sickness will disappear from consciousness.
- KJV 371:20
- I would not transform the infant at once into a
man, nor would I keep the suckling a lifelong babe.
No impossible thing do I ask when urging
the claims of Christian Science; but because
this teaching is in advance of the age, we
should not deny our need of its spiritual unfoldment.
Mankind will improve through Science and Christi-
anity. The necessity for uplifting the race is father to
the fact that Mind can do it; for Mind can impart
purity instead of impurity, strength instead of weak-
ness, and health instead of disease. Truth is an altera-
tive in the entire system, and can make it “every whit
Matt. 6:25 Is, 31, 33
Phil. 4:19 my, 20
SH 368:6, 22-24
SH 297:12-15 Change
SH 162:4-7, 9
46 Day by day the manna fell
317 Still, still with Thee when purple morning breaketh 437 Father, Thou art very near us