- SH Ps. 96:1 (to 1st :)
- 1 O sing unto the LORD a new song:
- SH Gen. 28:10-13, 14 1st 6th and, 16
- 10 And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran. 11 And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep. 12 And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it. 13 And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed; 14 And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed. 16 And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the LORD is in this place; and I knew it not.
- SH Isa. 9:2
- 2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
- SH Luke 4:14
- 14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.
- SH John 9:1-4 (to 1st :), 5-7
- 1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. 2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? 3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. 4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. 6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay, 7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.
- SH John 3:3 1st Except, 6, 7
- 3 …Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
- SH Isa. 66:9
- 9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
- SH I Pet. 1:22, 23
- 22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
II Cor. 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
- SH 33:18-21
- When the human element in him struggled with the
divine, our great Teacher said: “Not my will, but
Thine, be done!”- that is, Let not the flesh,
but the Spirit, be represented in me.
- SH 598:1-5
- The Greek word for wind (pneuma) is used also for
spirit, as in the passage in John’s Gospel, the third chap-
ter, where we read: “The wind [pneuma] bloweth where
it listeth. . . . So is every one that is born of the Spirit
- SH 598:19, 23-30
- YEAR. A solar measurement of time; mortality;
space for repentance.
One moment of divine consciousness, or the spiritual
understanding of Life and Love, is a foretaste of eternity.
This exalted view, obtained and retained when the Sci-
ence of being is understood, would bridge over with life
discerned spiritually the interval of death, and man
would be in the full consciousness of his immortality and
eternal harmony, where sin, sickness, and death are un-
- SH 250:7-11 (to 2nd .)
- Spirit is the Ego which never dreams, but understands all things;
which never errs, and is ever conscious; which never believes, but knows; which is never born and never dies.
- SH 296:4-9 (to 1st .), 10 The
- Progress is born of experience. It is the ripening of
mortal man, through which the mortal is dropped for
the immortal. Either here or hereafter, suf-
fering or Science must destroy all illusions
regarding life and mind, and regenerate material sense
The death of a false material sense and of sin, not the death of organic matter, is what reveals man and Life, harmonious, real,
- SH 35:19-25
- Our baptism is a purification from all error. Our
church is built on the divine Principle, Love. We can
unite with this church only as we are new-
born of Spirit, as we reach the Life which
is Truth and the Truth which is Life by bringing forth
the fruits of Love, – casting out error and healing the
- SH 220:22-30
- A clergyman once adopted a diet of bread and water
to increase his spirituality. Finding his health failing,
he gave up his abstinence, and advised others never to
try dietetics for growth in grace.
The belief that either fasting or feasting makes men
better morally or physically is one of the fruits of “the
tree of the knowledge of good and evil,” con-
cerning which God said, “Thou shalt not eat
- SH 221:29-3
- This new-born understanding, that neither food nor
the stomach, without the consent of mortal
mind, can make one suffer, brings with it an-
other lesson, – that gluttony is a sensual illusion, and
that this phantasm of mortal mind disappears as we better
apprehend our spiritual existence and ascend the ladder
- SH 223:32
- Longevity is increasing and the power of sin diminishing, for the
world feels the alterative effect of truth through every
- SH 258:25-5
- Mortals have a very imperfect sense of the spiritual
man and of the infinite range of his thought. To him
belongs eternal Life. Never born and
never dying, it were impossible for man, under
the government of God in eternal Science, to fall from his
Through spiritual sense you can discern the heart of
divinity, and thus begin to comprehend in Science the
generic term man. Man is not absorbed in Deity, and
man cannot lose his individuality, for he re-
flects eternal Life; nor is he an isolated, soli-
tary idea, for he represents infinite Mind, the sum of all
- SH 528:9-12 (np)
- Genesis ii. 21, 22. And the Lord God [Jehovah, Yawah]
caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and
He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead
thereof; and the rib,
which the Lord God [Jehovah] had taken from man, made He a woman, and
brought her unto the man.
error, credits Truth, God, with inducing a sleep or hypnotic state in Adam
in order to perform a surgical operation on him and thereby
create woman. This is the first record of magnetism. Beginning
creation with darkness instead of light, — materially rather than
spiritually, — error now simulates the work of Truth, mocking Love and
declaring what great things error has done. Beholding the creations
of his own dream and calling them real and God-given, Adam — alias error — gives
them names. Afterwards he is supposed to become the basis of
the creation of woman and of his own kind, calling them mankind, — that
is, a kind of man.
But according to
this narrative, surgery was first performed mentally and without
instruments; and this may be a useful hint to the
medical faculty. Later in human history, when the
forbidden fruit was bringing forth fruit of its own kind, there came
a suggestion of change in the modus operandi, — that man
should be born of woman, not woman again taken from man. It came
about, also, that instruments were needed to assist the birth of
mortals. The first system of suggestive obstetrics has
changed. Another change will come as to the nature and origin of
man, and this revelation will destroy the dream of
existence, reinstate reality, usher in Science and the glorious
fact of creation, that both man and woman proceed from God and are
His eternal children, belonging to no lesser parent.
- SH 557:18-21
- Divine Science rolls back the clouds of error with the light of
Truth, and lifts the curtain on man as never born and as
never dying, but as coexistent with his creator.
Gen. 28:10-13, 14 6th and, 16
John 9:1-4 (to :), 5-7
John 3:3 Except, 6, 7
I Pet. 1:22, 23
2 Cor. 5:17
SH 598:19, 23-30
SH 250:7-11 (to 2nd .)
SH 296:4-9 (to 1st .), 10 The
SH 528:9-12 (np)
115 Holy Father, Thou hast taught us
82 God is working His purpose out
363 Upon the Gospel’s sacred page