- SH I Kings 19:9-12
- 9 And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah? 10 And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away. 11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. 12 And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?
- SH Isa. 2:1-5
- 1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. 5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.
- SH Mark 12:10 1st The
- 10 …The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:
- SH Mark 6:34 1st Jesus
- 34 …Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many things.
- SH I Cor. 3:9-11
- 9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building. 10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
- SH Eph. 2:14-22
- 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
- SH 599:6-7
- ZION. Spiritual foundation and superstructure; in-
- SH 235:21
- To the trem-
blers on the brink of death, who understand
not the divine Truth which is Life and perpetuates being,
physicians should be able to teach it. Then when the soul
is willing and the flesh weak, the patient’s feet may be
planted on the rock Christ Jesus, the true idea of spiritual
- SH 269:21-28
- The testimony of the material senses is neither abso-
lute nor divine. I therefore plant myself unreservedly
on the teachings of Jesus, of his apostles, of
the prophets, and on the testimony of the
Science of Mind. Other foundations there are none.
All other systems – systems based wholly or partly on
knowledge gained through the material senses – are reeds
shaken by the wind, not houses built on the rock.
- SH 45:16-21
- Glory be to God, and peace to the struggling hearts!
Christ hath rolled away the stone from the door of hu-
man hope and faith, and through the reve-
lation and demonstration of life in God, hath
elevated them to possible at-one-ment with the spiritual
idea of man and his divine Principle, Love.
- SH 297:20-28 (to 2nd .)
- Faith is higher and more spiritual than belief. It is
a chrysalis state of human thought, in which spiritual
evidence, contradicting the testimony of mate-
rial sense, begins to appear, and Truth, the
ever-present, is becoming understood. Human thoughts
have their degrees of comparison. Some thoughts are
better than others. A belief in Truth is better than a
belief in error, but no mortal testimony is founded on the
- SH 287:22-23
- Error is false, mortal belief; it is illusion, without spir-
itual identity or foundation, and it has no real existence.
- SH 276:12
- The realization that all inharmony is unreal brings
objects and thoughts into human view in their true light,
and presents them as beautiful and immortal. Harmony
in man is as real and immortal as in music. Discord is
unreal and mortal.
- SH 593:18 (only)
- ROCK. Spiritual foundation; Truth.
The supremacy of Spirit was the foundation on which
- KJV 136:2
- He taught
his followers that his religion had a divine
Principle, which would cast out error and heal
both the sick and the sinning. He claimed no intelli-
gence, action, nor life separate from God. Despite the
persecution this brought upon him, he used his divine
power to save men both bodily and spiritually.
- KJV 483:32
will never be based on a divine Principle and so found to
be unerring, until its absolute Science is reached. When
this is accomplished, neither pride, prejudice, bigotry,
nor envy can wash away its foundation, for it is built upon
the rock, Christ.
- KJV 255:1-10
- ETERNAL Truth is changing the universe. As mor-
tals drop off their mental swaddling-clothes, thought
expands into expression. “Let there be light,”
is the perpetual demand of Truth and Love,
changing chaos into order and discord into the
music of the spheres. The mythical human theories of
creation, anciently classified as the higher criticism, sprang
from cultured scholars in Rome and in Greece, but they
afforded no foundation for accurate views of creation by
the divine Mind.
- KJV 694:22-6
AN EXPRESSION OF LOVING GRATITUDE
In the spring of
1893, while studying for the minis‐
try, Science and Health was placed in my hands, and
the truth contained therein at once became to me the
pearl of great price. I literally devoured the book,
reading it about eighteen hours a day. Its originality
was startling, upsetting my preconceived opinions of
God, man, and creation. Two sentences especially
appealed to me: “The foundation of mortal discord is a
false sense of man’s origin” (p. 262), and, “For right
reasoning, there should be but one fact before the
namely, spiritual existence” (p. 492). I had found the
keynote to the Science of being as taught in this marvel‐
lous book, and persevered until a glimpse of the new heav‐
ens and new earth came, for the old were passing away.
With this spiritual uplifting came also physical health.
- KJV 276:4
- When the divine precepts
are understood, they unfold the foundation of fellowship,
in which one mind is not at war with another, but all have
one Spirit, God, one intelligent source, in accordance with
the Scriptural command: “Let this Mind be in you,
which was also in Christ Jesus.” Man and his Maker
are correlated in divine Science, and real consciousness
is cognizant only of the things of God.
Mark 12:10 The
Mark 6:34 Jesus
Luke 6:45 (to ;), 47, 48
I Cor. 3:9-11
SH 297:20-28 (to 2nd .)
SH 593:18 (only)
71 Glorious things of Thee are spoken
123 How firm a foundation
144 In atmosphere of Love divine