- KJV Ex 33:14 1st My
- 14 …My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
- KJV Ps 139:7
- 7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
- KJV Ps 16:11 1st in
- 11 …in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
- KJV Ps 46:1, 10 (to 1st God:)
- 1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 10 Be still, and know that I am God:
- KJV Isaiah 55:1 (to 1st waters,), 10-13
- 1 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, 10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. 12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. 13 Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.
- KJV Isaiah 7:14 1st the, 15
- 14 …the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. 15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.
- KJV Isaiah 9:6, 7 (to 1st ever.)
- 6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever.
- KJV Isaiah 61:1, 2 (to 1st Lord,)
- 1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD,
- KJV Zephaniah 3:17
- 17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
- KJV Luke 2:8-11, 13, 14
- 8…there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. 9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
- KJV Matt 1:23
- 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
- KJV I John 4:16 1st God
- 16 …God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
- KJV Matt 14:14, 22-32
- 14 …Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick. 22 And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away. 23 And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone. 24 But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary. 25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea. 26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear. 27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. 28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. 29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. 31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? 32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
- KJV Luke 17:20 1st he answered, 21
- 20 …he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
- KJV John 10:27-30
- 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and my Father are one.
- KJV John 14:27 (to 1st you:)
- 27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you:
- KJV Philippians 2:5, 6
- 5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
- KJV Matt 18:20
- 20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
- KJV Matt 28:18 (to 1st saying,), 20 1st lo
- 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, 20 …lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
- S&H 12:31
- In divine
Science, where prayers are mental, all may avail them-
selves of God as “a very present help in trouble.”
Love is impartial and universal in its adaptation and
bestowals. It is the open fount which cries, “Ho,
every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters.”
- S&H 200:9-13, 16
- Life is, always
has been, and ever will be independent of
matter; for life is God, and man is the idea
of God, not formed materially but spiritually, and not
subject to decay and dust.
The great truth in the Science of being, that the real
man was, is, and ever shall be perfect, is incontrovertible;
for if man is the image, reflection, of God, he is neither
inverted nor subverted, but upright and Godlike.
- S&H 107:7-10
- This apodictical Principle points to the revelation of
Immanuel, “God with us,” – the sovereign ever-pres-
ence, delivering the children of men from
every ill “that flesh is heir to.”
- S&H xi:9-21
- The physical healing of Christian Science results
now, as in Jesus’ time, from the operation of divine
Principle, before which sin and disease lose their real-
ity in human consciousness and disappear as naturally
and as necessarily as darkness gives place to light and
sin to reformation. Now, as then, these mighty works
are not supernatural, but supremely natural. They are
the sign of Immanuel, or “God with us,” a divine
influence ever present in human consciousness and re-
peating itself, coming now as was promised aforetime,
To preach deliverance to the captives [of sense],
And recovering of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty them that are bruised.
- S&H 34:5-8 (to us;)
- If Christ,
Truth, has come to us in demonstration, no other com-
memoration is requisite, for demonstration is Immanuel,
or God with us;
- S&H 14:1-15
- If we are sensibly with the body and regard omnipo-
tence as a corporeal, material person, whose ear we
would gain, we are not “absent from the
body” and “present with the Lord” in the
demonstration of Spirit. … To be “present with the Lord” is to have, not
mere emotional ecstasy or faith, but the actual demon-
stration and understanding of Life as revealed in
Christian Science. To be “with the Lord” is to be in
obedience to the law of God, to be absolutely governed
by divine Love,- by Spirit, not by matter.
Become conscious for a single moment that Life and
intelligence are purely spiritual, – neither in nor of
matter, – and the body will then utter no
- S&H 216:28-1
- When you say, “Man’s body is material,” I say with
Paul: Be “willing rather to be absent from the body,
and to be present with the Lord.” Give up
your material belief of mind in matter, and
have but one Mind, even God; for this Mind forms its
- S&H 243:9
the same “Mind . . . which was also in Christ Jesus”
must always accompany the letter of Science in order to
confirm and repeat the ancient demonstrations of prophets
and apostles. That those wonders are not more com-
monly repeated to-day, arises not so much from lack of
desire as from lack of spiritual growth.
- S&H 135:1-8
- The Psalmist sang: “What ailed
thee, O thou sea, that thou fleddest? Thou Jordan,
that thou wast driven back? Ye mountains,
that ye skipped like rams, and ye little hills,
like lambs? Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the
Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob.” The miracle
introduces no disorder, but unfolds the primal order,
establishing the Science of God’s unchangeable law.
- S&H 275:20
- Divine metaphysics, as revealed to spiritual understand-
ing, shows clearly that all is Mind, and that Mind is
God, omnipotence, omnipresence, omniscience,
– that is, all power, all presence, all Science.
Hence all is in reality the manifestation of Mind.
- S&H 325:13-15
- When spiritual being is understood in all its
perfection, continuity, and might, then shall man be found
in God’s image.
- S&H 332:11-15, 19
- The Christ
is incorporeal, spiritual, – yea, the divine
image and likeness, dispelling the illusions of the senses;
the Way, the Truth, and the Life, healing the sick and
casting out evils, destroying sin, disease, and death.
X. Jesus demonstrated Christ; he proved that Christ
is the divine idea of God – the Holy Ghost,
or Comforter, revealing the divine Principle,
Love, and leading into all truth.
- S&H 316:7
- Christ, Truth,
was demonstrated through Jesus to prove the power of
Spirit over the flesh, – to show that Truth is made
manifest by its effects upon the human mind and body,
healing sickness and destroying sin.
- S&H 333:16-23, 26-9
- XIII. The advent of Jesus of Nazareth marked the
first century of the Christian era, but the Christ is
without beginning of years or end of days.
Throughout all generations both before and
after the Christian era, the Christ, as the spirit-
ual idea, – the reflection of God, – has come with some
measure of power and grace to all prepared to receive
The divine image, idea, or Christ was, is, and
ever will be inseparable from the divine Principle, God.
Jesus referred to this unity of his spiritual identity thus:
“Before Abraham was, I am;” “I and my Father are
one;” “My Father is greater than I.” The one Spirit
includes all identities.
XIV. By these sayings Jesus meant, not that the hu-
man Jesus was or is eternal, but that the divine idea or
Christ was and is so and therefore antedated Abraham;
not that the corporeal Jesus was one with the
Father, but that the spiritual idea, Christ,
dwells forever in the bosom of the Father, God, from
which it illumines heaven and earth; not that the Father
is greater than Spirit, which is God, but greater, infinitely
greater, than the fleshly Jesus, whose earthly career was
- S&H 473:7-12
- The God-
principle is omnipresent and omnipotent. God is every-
where, and nothing apart from Him is present or has
power. Christ is the ideal Truth, that comes to heal
sickness and sin through Christian Science, and attributes
all power to God.
- S&H 361:4-5
- Christ, as the true spiritual idea,
is the ideal of God now and forever, here and everywhere.
Ps 16:11 in
Ps 46:1, 10 (to God:)
Isaiah 55:1 (to waters,), 10-13
Isaiah 7:14 the, 15
Isaiah 9:6, 7 (to ever.)
Isaiah 61:1, 2(to Lord,)
Luke 2:8-11, 13, 14
I John 4:16 God
Matt 14:14, 22-32
Luke 17:20 he answered, 21
John 14:27 (to you:)
Philippians 2:5, 6
Matt 28:18 (to saying,), 20 lo
34:5-8 (to us;)
136 I love Thy way of freedom, Lord
O come, O come, Emmanuel
O come all Ye faithful
Silent night! Holy night!