- KJV I John 1:1, 4 1st these, 7 1st if (to 3rd ,)
- 1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 4 …these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 7 …if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another,
- KJV John 1:1, 4, 5, 16 1st of, 17
- 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. 16 …of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
- KJV John 5:24-26
- 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
- KJV Luke 6:20-23 (to 2nd :)
- 20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God. 21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh. 22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake. 23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven:
- KJV Ps 91:1-5
- 1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. 5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
- KJV Ps 121:7, 8
- 7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. 8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
- KJV Daniel 3:19 1st Nebuchadnezzar (to 1st ,), 20 1st commanded, 21, 23-27
- 19 …Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, 20 …commanded the most mighty men that were in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and to cast them into the burning fiery furnace. 21 Then these men were bound in their coats, their hosen, and their hats, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace. 23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace. 24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king. 25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God. 26 Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, came forth of the midst of the fire. 27 And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king’s counsellors, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them.
- KJV Matt 14:22-33 1st Jesus
- 22 …Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away. 23 And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone. 24 But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary. 25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea. 26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear. 27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. 28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. 29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. 31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? 32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased. 33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.
- KJV I Cor 15:51-55
- 51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
KJV John 14:1-4, 6 I
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you into myself; that where I am, there ye nay be also. 4 And whither I go ye know. (for) 6 …I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me.
- KJV I John 4:16-18 1st we (to 1st :), 18-19 1st He
- 16 …we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: 18 …He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 19 We love him, because he first loved us.
- SH 410:14-20
- Every trial of our faith in God makes us stronger.
The more difficult seems the material condition to be
overcome by Spirit, the stronger should be our
faith and the purer our love. The Apostle
John says: “There is no fear in Love, but perfect Love
casteth out fear. . . . He that feareth is not made per-
fect in Love.
- SH 275:1 (only), 6-12
- Matter has no life to lose, and Spirit never dies.
The starting-point of divine Science is
that God, Spirit, is All-in-all, and that there is no other
might nor Mind, – that God is Love, and therefore He
is divine Principle.
To grasp the reality and order of being in its Science,
you must begin by reckoning God as the divine Principle
of all that really is.
- SH 275:17-20 (to 1st .)
- divine Principle, Love. No wisdom is wise but His
wisdom; no truth is true, no love is lovely, no life is Life
but the divine; no good is, but the good God bestows.
- KJV 288:31-2
- The eternal Truth destroys what mortals seem to have
learned from error, and man’s real existence as a child
of God comes to light. Truth demonstrated is eternal
- SH 289:14
- The fact that the Christ, or Truth, overcame and still
overcomes death proves the “king of terrors” to be but
a mortal belief, or error, which Truth destroys
with the spiritual evidences of Life; and this
shows that what appears to the senses to be death is but a
mortal illusion, for to the real man and the real universe
there is no death-process.
- SH 42:15-23
- The resurrection of the great demonstrator of God’s
power was the proof of his final triumph over body
and matter, and gave full evidence of divine
Science, – evidence so important to mortals.
The belief that man has existence or mind separate from
God is a dying error. This error Jesus met with divine
Science and proved its nothingness. Because of the won-
drous glory which God bestowed on His anointed, temp-
tation, sin, sickness, and death had no terror for Jesus.
- SH 215:12-21
- Whatever is governed by God, is never for an
instant deprived of the light and might of intelligence
We are sometimes led to believe that darkness is as real
as light; but Science affirms darkness to be only a mortal
sense of the absence of light, at the coming of
which darkness loses the appearance of reality.
So sin and sorrow, disease and death, are the suppositional
absence of Life, God, and flee as phantoms of error before
truth and love.
- SH 428:3-6
- Life is real, and death is the illusion. A demonstra-
tion of the facts of Soul in Jesus’ way resolves the dark
visions of material sense into harmony and
- SH 323:6
- Through the wholesome chastisements of Love, we
are helped onward in the march towards righteousness,
peace, and purity, which are the landmarks
of Science. Beholding the infinite tasks of
truth, we pause, – wait on God. Then we push onward,
until boundless thought walks enraptured, and concep-
tion unconfined is winged to reach the divine glory.
- SH 426:11-14, 23-28
- If the belief in death
were obliterated, and the understanding obtained that
there is no death, this would be a “tree of life,” known
by its fruits.
The relinquishment of all faith in death and also of
the fear of its sting would raise the standard of health
and morals far beyond its present elevation,
and would enable us to hold the banner of
Christianity aloft with unflinching faith in God, in Life
- SH 427:1-5
- If it is true that man lives, this fact can never change
in Science to the opposite belief that man dies. Life is
the law of Soul, even the law of the spirit of
Truth, and Soul is never without its represent-
- SH 302:4-8
- The identity of the
real man is not lost, but found through this
explanation; for the conscious infinitude of
existence and of all identity is thereby discerned and re-
- SH 302:25 (only)
- God is Love.
- SH 303:30-2
- When the evidence
before the material senses yielded to spiritual sense, the
apostle declared that nothing could alienate him from
God, from the sweet sense and presence of Life and
- SH 304:5
- Understanding this, Paul said: “Nei-
ther death, nor life, . . . nor things present,
nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor
any other creature, shall be able to separate us from
the love of God.” This is the doctrine of Christian
Science: that divine Love cannot be deprived of its
manifestation, or object; that joy cannot be turned into
sorrow, for sorrow is not the master of joy; that good can
never produce evil; that matter can never produce mind
nor life result in death. The perfect man – governed
by God, his perfect Principle – is sinless and eternal.
- SH 494:15 (only)
- The miracle of grace is no miracle to Love.
John 1:1, 4, 5, 16 of, 17
Luke 6:20-23 (to 2nd :)
Ps 121:7, 8
Daniel 3:19 Nebuchadnezzar (to 1st ,), 20 commanded, 21, 23-27
Matt 14:22-33 Jesus
I Cor 15:51-55
I John 4:16-18 we (to 1st :), 18-19 HeSH 410:14-20
SH 275:1 (only), 6-12
SH 275:17-20 (to 1st .)
SH 426:11-14, 23-28
SH 302:25 (only)
SH 494:15 (only)Hymns 31, 431, 12