Wed., 1/7/15 Readings, 2nd Church, Berkeley
- SH Mark 1:14 1st Jesus, 15 (to 1st :)
- 14 …Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand:
- SH Mark 3:8-10
- 8 And from Jerusalem, and from Idumaea, and from beyond Jordan; and they about Tyre and Sidon, a great multitude, when they had heard what great things he did, came unto him. 9 And he spake to his disciples, that a small ship should wait on him because of the multitude, lest they should throng him. 10 For he had healed many; insomuch that they pressed upon him for to touch him, as many as had plagues.
- SH Matt. 14:23-32, 34-36
- 23 And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone. 24 But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary. 25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea. 26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear. 27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. 28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. 29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. 31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? 32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased. 34 And when they were gone over, they came into the land of Gennesaret. 35 And when the men of that place had knowledge of him, they sent out into all that country round about, and brought unto him all that were diseased; 36 And besought him that they might only touch the hem of his garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole.
- SH Luke 8:43-48
- 43 And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any, 44 Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched. 45 And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? 46 And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me. 47 And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately. 48 And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.
- SH Mark 8:22-25
- 22 And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him. 23 And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought. 24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking. 25 After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.
- SH Mark 10:13, 14
- 13 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. 14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
- SH Luke 6:19
- 19 And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all.
- SH 86:1-6
- Jesus once asked, “Who touched me?” Supposing
this inquiry to be occasioned by physical contact alone,
his disciples answered, “The multitude throng
thee.” Jesus knew, as others did not, that
it was not matter, but mortal mind, whose touch called
- SH 210:11-16
- Knowing that Soul and its attributes were forever
manifested through man, the Master healed the sick,
gave sight to the blind, hearing to the deaf, feet to the
lame, thus bringing to light the scientific action of the
divine Mind on human minds and bodies and giving
a better understanding of Soul and salvation.
- SH 142:7-10
must seek the undivided garment, the whole Christ, as our
first proof of Christianity, for Christ, Truth, alone can
furnish us with absolute evidence.
- SH 242:25-26
- The divine Science of man is woven into one web of
consistency without seam or rent.
- SH 109:32
- The three great verities of Spirit, omnipotence, omni-
presence, omniscience, – Spirit possessing all power,
filling all space, constituting all Science, – contradict
forever the belief that matter can be actual.
These eternal verities reveal primeval exist-
ence as the radiant reality of God’s creation,
in which all that He has made is pronounced by His wis-
- SH 131:18
- Jesus once
said: “I thank Thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and
earth, that Thou hast hid these things from the wise
and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even
so, Father, for so it seemed good in Thy sight.” As afore-
time, the spirit of the Christ, which taketh away the cere-
monies and doctrines of men, is not accepted until the
hearts of men are made ready for it.
- SH 239:16
- To ascertain our progress, we must learn where our
affections are placed and whom we acknowledge and
obey as God. If divine Love is becoming
nearer, dearer, and more real to us, matter is
then submitting to Spirit. The objects we pursue and
the spirit we manifest reveal our standpoint, and show
what we are winning.
- SH 110:25
- Jesus demonstrated the power of Christian Science to
heal mortal minds and bodies. But this power was lost
sight of, and must again be spiritually dis-
cerned, taught, and demonstrated according
to Christ’s command, with “signs following.”
Its Science must be apprehended by as many as believe
on Christ and spiritually understand Truth.
- SH 292:4-6 Divine
- Divine Science alone
can compass the heights and depths of being and reveal
- SH 299:26
- Corporeal sense, or error, may seem to hide Truth,
health, harmony, and Science, as the mist obscures the
sun or the mountain; but Science, the sunshine of Truth,
will melt away the shadow and reveal the celestial
- SH 517:15-17, 18
- The world believes in many persons; but if God is per-
sonal, there is but one person, because there is but one
God has countless ideas, and
they all have one Principle and parentage. The only
proper symbol of God as person is Mind’s infinite ideal.
What is this ideal? Who shall behold it? This ideal
is God’s own image, spiritual and infinite. Even eternity
can never reveal the whole of God, since there is no limit
to infinitude or to its reflections.
- SH 450:15-22
- Some people yield slowly to the touch of Truth. Few
yield without a struggle, and many are reluctant to ac-
knowledge that they have yielded; but un-
less this admission is made, evil will boast
itself above good. The Christian Scientist has enlisted
to lessen evil, disease, and death; and he will overcome
them by understanding their nothingness and the allness
of God, or good.
- SH 170:22
- Spiritual causation is the one question to be considered,
for more than all others spiritual causation relates to
human progress. The age seems ready to
approach this subject, to ponder somewhat
the supremacy of Spirit, and at least to touch the hem
of Truth’s garment.
Mark 1:14 Jesus, 15 (to :)
Matt. 14:23-32, 34-36
Mark 10:13, 14
SH 292:4-6 Divine
SH 517:15-17, 18
Matt. 14:23-32, 34-36
Mark 10:13, 14
SH 292:4-6 Divine
SH 517:15-17, 18