- KJV Prov. 10:18
- 18 He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.
- KJV Prov. 10:12
- 12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.
- KJV I Cor. 13:13 1st now
- 13 …now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
- KJV Matt. 5:1, 2, 43-45
- 1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: 2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, 43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
¶ No man can serve two masters: for either he
will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and
despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
- KJV Matt. 24:3-13
- 3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
- KJV Luke 6:22, 23 (to 2nd :)
- 22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake. 23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven:
- KJV John 15:17, 18
- 17 These things I command you, that ye love one another. 18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
- KJV I John 3:13, 14 (to 1st .)
- 13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you. 14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren.
- KJV Gal. 5:1, 16 1st walk, 19-23
- 1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
- KJV 178:18-27
- Mortal mind, acting from the basis of sensation in
matter, is animal magnetism; but this so-called mind,
from which comes all evil, contradicts itself,
and must finally yield to the eternal Truth, or
the divine Mind, expressed in Science. In pro-
portion to our understanding of Christian Science, we are
freed from the belief of heredity, of mind in matter or ani-
mal magnetism; and we disarm sin of its imaginary power
in proportion to our spiritual understanding of the status
of immortal being.
TRANSLATION OF MORTAL MIND
First Degree: Depravity.
Second Degree: Evil beliefs disappearing.
Moral. Humanity, honesty, affection, compassion, hope, faith, meekness,
Third Degree: Understanding.
Spiritual. Wisdom, purity, spiritual understanding,
In the third degree mortal mind disappears, and
man as God’s image appears. Science so reverses the evidence before
the corporeal human senses, as to make this Scriptural testimony true in
our hearts, “The last shall be first, and the first last,” so that God and
His idea may be to us what divinity really is and must of necessity be, — all-inclusive.
- KJV 188:3-10
- What is termed disease does not exist. It is neither
mind nor matter. The belief of sin, which has grown
terrible in strength and influence, is an uncon-
scious error in the beginning, – an embryonic
thought without motive; but afterwards it
governs the so-called man. Passion, depraved appetites,
dishonesty, envy, hatred, revenge ripen into action, only to
pass from shame and woe to their final punishment.
- KJV 243:25-29
- Truth has no consciousness of error. Love has no
sense of hatred. Life has no partnership
with death. Truth, Life, and Love are a law
of annihilation to everything unlike themselves, because
they declare nothing except God.
- KJV 289:8-13
- A wicked mortal is not the idea of God. He is little
else than the expression of error. To suppose that sin,
lust, hatred, envy, hypocrisy, revenge, have life
abiding in them, is a terrible mistake. Life
and life’s idea, Truth and Truth’s idea, never make men
sick, sinful, or mortal.
- KJV 288:10-14
- When the final physical and moral effects of Christian
Science are fully apprehended, the conflict between truth
and error, understanding and belief, Science and material
sense, foreshadowed by the prophets and inaugurated
by Jesus, will cease, and spiritual harmony reign.
- KJV 329:32-7
- Human resistance to divine Science weakens in pro-
portion as mortals give up error for Truth and the un-
derstanding of being supersedes mere belief. Until the
author of this book learned the vastness of
Christian Science, the fixedness of mortal illu-
sions, and the human hatred of Truth, she cherished
sanguine hopes that Christian Science would meet with
immiediate and universal acceptance.
- KJV 404:29
- Hatred, envy, dishonesty, fear, and so forth,
make a man sick, and neither material medi-
cine nor Mind can help him permanently, even in body,
unless it makes him better mentally, and so delivers him
from his destroyers. The basic error is mortal mind.
Hatred inflames the brutal propensities. The indulgence
of evil motives and aims makes any man, who is above the
lowest type of manhood, a hopeless sufferer.
- KJV 405:5-11
- Christian Science commands man to master the pro-
pensities, – to hold hatred in abeyance with kindness,
to conquer lust with chastity, revenge with
charity, and to overcome deceit with hon-
esty. Choke these errors in their early stages, if you
would not cherish an army of conspirators against
health, happiness, and success.
- KJV 407:6-16
- Man’s enslavement to the most relentless masters –
passion, selfishness, envy, hatred, and revenge – is con-
quered only by a mighty struggle. Every
hour of delay makes the struggle more severe.
If man is not victorious over the passions, they crush
out happiness, health, and manhood. Here Christian
Science is the sovereign panacea, giving strength to the
weakness of mortal mind, – strength from the immortal
and omnipotent Mind, – and lifting humanity above
itself into purer desires, even into spiritual power and
good-will to man.
- KJV 563:1-7
- Human sense may well marvel at discord, while, to a
diviner sense., harmony is the real and discord the unreal.
We may well be astonished at sin, sickness, and
death. We may well be perplexed at human
fear; and still more astounded at hatred, which lifts
its hydra head, showing its horns in the many inventions
- KJV 571:18-19
- Clad in the panoply of Love, human hatred cannot reach you.
- KJV 454:9-10 (to 2nd .)
- Human hate has no legitimate mandate and no kingdom.
- KJV 201:7-12 Truth
- Truth makes a new creature, in whom old things pass away
and “all things are become new.” Passions, selfishness,
false appetites, hatred, fear, all sensuality, yield to spirit-
uality, and the superabundance of being is on the side
of God, good.
I Cor. 13:13 now
Matt. 5:1, 2, 43-45
Luke 6:22, 23 (to 2nd :)
John 15:17, 18
I John 3:13, 14 (to 1st .)
Gal. 5:1, 16 walk, 19-23
SH 454:9-10 (to 2nd .)
SH 201:7-12 Truth
296 Rouse ye, soldiers of the cross
429 Thou art the Way: to Thee alone
179 Love one another