Wednesday Meeting 12-14-2016, First Church of Christ, Scientist-Asheville
The last chapter of Science and Health is Recapitulation. There are 24 questions. During December one question and answer can be studied each day before Christmas Day. This week’s readings draw from Q&A #8-14.
- KJV Gen 2:6-7
- 6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. 7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
- KJV Gen 3:13, 16-17 (to 1st said), 17 1st cursed
- 13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat. 16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. 17 And unto Adam he said… 17 …cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
- KJV Gen 1:1, 3, 26 (to 1st dominion), 31
- 1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion… 31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.
- KJV Deut 30:19
- 19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
- KJV Ps 16:8-11
- 8 I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. 9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. 10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
- KJV Mark 5:22-23, 35-42
- 22 …behold, there cometh one of the rulers of the synagogue, Jairus by name; and when he saw him, he fell at his feet, 23 And besought him greatly, saying, My little daughter lieth at the point of death: I pray thee, come and lay thy hands on her, that she may be healed; and she shall live. 35 While he yet spake, there came from the ruler of the synagogue’s house certain which said, Thy daughter is dead: why troublest thou the Master any further? 36 As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe. 37 And he suffered no man to follow him, save Peter, and James, and John the brother of James. 38 And he cometh to the house of the ruler of the synagogue, and seeth the tumult, and them that wept and wailed greatly. 39 And when he was come in, he saith unto them, Why make ye this ado, and weep? the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth. 40 And they laughed him to scorn. But when he had put them all out, he taketh the father and the mother of the damsel, and them that were with him, and entereth in where the damsel was lying. 41 And he took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise. 42 And straightway the damsel arose, and walked; for she was of the age of twelve years. And they were astonished with a great astonishment.
- KJV Eph 6:10 1st be, 11-18
- 10 …be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
- KJV Romans 12:9, 20-21 1st if
- 9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. 20 …if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
- KJV Rev 21:1
- 1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
- S&H 233:28-30
- The counter fact rela-
tive to any disease is required to cure it. The utterance
of truth is designed to rebuke and destroy error.
- S&H 412:4-5, 24
- Mentally and silently plead the case scien-
tifically for Truth.
Realize the presence
of health and the fact of harmonious being, until the
body corresponds with the normal conditions of health
- S&H 469:13 The, 25-28
- The exterminator of error
is the great truth that God, good, is the only Mind, and
that the supposititious opposite of infinite Mind
– called devil or evil – is not Mind, is not
Truth, but error, without intelligence or reality. There
can be but one Mind, because there is but one God; and
if mortals claimed no other Mind and accepted no other,
sin would be unknown. We can have but one Mind, if
that one is infinite. We bury the sense of infinitude,
when we admit that, although God is infinite, evil has a
place in this infinity, for evil can have no place, where all
space is filled with God.
We lose the high signification of omnipotence, when
after admitting that God, or good, is omnipresent and
has all-power, we still believe there is another
power, named evil.
- S&H 470:11-16
- Divine Science explains the abstract statement that
there is one Mind by the following self-evident propo-
sition: If God, or good, is real, then evil, the
unlikeness of God, is unreal. And evil can
only seem to be real by giving reality to the
- S&H 471:13-18
- The facts of divine Science should be admitted, –
although the evidence as to these facts is not supported
by evil, by matter, or by material sense, – because the
evidence that God and man coexist is fully sustained by
spiritual sense. Man is, and forever has been, God’s re-
- S&H 428:3-12 A
- A demonstra-
tion of the facts of Soul in Jesus’ way resolves the dark
visions of material sense into harmony and
immortality. Man’s privilege at this supreme
moment is to prove the words of our Master: “If a man
keep my saying, he shall never see death.” To divest
thought of false trusts and material evidences in order
that the spiritual facts of being may appear, – this is
the great attainment by means of which we shall sweep
away the false and give place to the true.
- S&H 390:7
- It is our ignorance of God, the
divine Principle, which produces apparent discord, and
the right understanding of Him restores harmony. Truth
will at length compel us all to exchange the pleasures and
pains of sense for the joys of Soul.
- S&H 474:31
- Truth destroys falsity and error, for light and
darkness cannot dwell together. Light extinguishes the
darkness, and the Scripture declares that there is “no
night there.” To Truth there is no error, – all is Truth.
To infinite Spirit there is no matter, – all is Spirit, divine
Principle and its idea.
- S&H 293:24
- The manifestations of evil, which counterfeit
divine justice, are called in the Scriptures, “The anger
of the Lord.” In reality, they show the self-destruction
of error or matter and point to matter’s opposite, the
strength and permanency of Spirit. Christian Science
brings to light Truth and its supremacy, universal har-
mony, the entireness of God, good, and the nothingness
- S&H 226:14-17
- God has built a higher platform of human rights, and
He has built it on diviner claims. These claims are not
made through code or creed, but in demonstra-
tion of “on earth peace, good-will toward men.”
- S&H 225:14
- The history of our country, like all history, illustrates
the might of Mind, and shows human power to be propor-
tionate to its embodiment of right thinking. A
few immortal sentences, breathing the omnipo-
tence of divine justice, have been potent to break despotic
fetters and abolish the whipping-post and slave market;
but oppression neither went down in blood, nor did the
breath of freedom come from the cannon’s mouth. Love
is the liberator.
- S&H 201:17-18
- The way to extract error from mortal mind is to pour
in truth through flood-tides of Love.
- S&H 171:4-13
- Through discernment of the spiritual opposite of ma-
teriality, even the way through Christ, Truth, man will
reopen with the key of divine Science the gates
of Paradise which human beliefs have closed,
and will find himself unfallen, upright, pure, and free,
not needing to consult almanacs for the probabilities either
of his life or of the weather, not needing to study brain-
ology to learn how much of a man he is.
Mind’s control over the universe, including man, is
no longer an open question, but is demonstrable Science.
Gen 3:13, 16-17 (to said), 17 cursed
Gen 1:1, 3, 26 (to dominion), 31
Mark 5:22-23, 35-42
Eph 6:10 be, 11-18
Romans 12:9, 20-21 if
469:13 The, 25-28
65…From glory unto glory
158…It came upon the midnight clear (but with new supplement tune)
236…O peace of the world
Link to share this: https://pleasantviewer.org/what-is-the-counterfact-to-evil/