- SH Ps. 107:1, 9
- 1 O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. 9 For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.
- SH Luke 4:14, 15
- 14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. 15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.
- SH Luke 5:1-6, 8, 9
- 1 And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret, 2 And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets. 3 And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon’s, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship. 4 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. 5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net. 6 And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake. 8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus’ knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord. 9 For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the draught of the fishes which they had taken:
- SH John 2:18-22
- 18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things? 19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body. 22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.
- SH John 20:30
- 30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
John 21:1 (to ;), 3-6
After these things Jesus shewed himself again to the
disciples at the sea
of Tiberias;… Simon
Peter saith unto them, I go a-fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee.
They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they
caught nothing. But when the morning was now come, Jesus stood on the
shore: but the disciples knew not that it was Jesus. Then Jesus saith unto
them, Children, have ye any meat? They answered him, No. And he said unto
them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast
therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.
- KJV Mark 16:14, 15, 17
- 14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. 15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
- KJV Ps. 81:10
- 10 I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.
- KJV Prov. 8:20, 21
- 20 I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment: 21 That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.
- KJV 272:3-5, 9
- The spiritual sense of truth must be gained before
Truth can be understood. This sense is assimilated only
as we are honest, unselfish, loving, and meek.
“Ye do err, not knowing the Scriptures.” The spiritual
sense of the Scriptures brings out the scientific sense, and
is the new tongue referred to in the last chapter of Mark’s
- KJV 34:18-23
- Through all the disciples experienced, they became more
spiritual and understood better what the Master had
taught. His resurrection was also their resur-
rection. It helped them to raise themselves and
others from spiritual dulness and blind belief in God into
the perception of infinite possibilities.
- KJV 35:2, 19-25
of the fruitlessness of their toil in the dark and wakened
by their Master’s voice, they changed their methods, turned
away from material things, and cast their net on the right
side. Discerning Christ, Truth, anew on the shore of
time, they were enabled to rise somewhat from mortal
sensuousness, or the burial of mind in matter, into new-
ness of life as Spirit.
Our baptism is a purification from all error. Our
church is built on the divine Principle, Love. We can
unite with this church only as we are new-
born of Spirit, as we reach the Life which
is Truth and the Truth which is Life by bringing forth
the fruits of Love, – casting out error and healing the
- KJV 446:11-27
- Whoever practises the Science the author teaches,
through which Mind pours light and healing upon this
generation, can practise on no one from sin-
ister or malicious motives without destroying
his own power to heal and his own health. Good must
dominate in the thoughts of the healer, or his demon-
stration is protracted, dangerous, and impossible in Sci-
ence. A wrong motive involves defeat. In the Science
of Mind-healing, it is imperative to be honest, for victory
rests on the side of immutable right. To understand
God strengthens hope, enthrones faith in Truth, and
verifies Jesus’ word: “Lo, I am with you alway, even
unto the end of the world.”
Resisting evil, you overcome it and prove its nothing-
ness. Not human platitudes, but divine beatitudes, re-
flect the spiritual light and might which heal
- KJV 330:19 God
- God is what the Scriptures declare Him to be, –
Life, Truth, Love. Spirit is divine Principle, and divine
Principle is Love, and Love is Mind, and
Mind is not both good and bad, for God is
Mind; therefore there is in reality one Mind only, be-
cause there is one God.
- KJV 331:22
- He fills all space, and
it is impossible to conceive of such omnipresence and in-
dividuality except as infinite Spirit or Mind. Hence all
is Spirit and spiritual.
- KJV 271:26-30
- Those, who are willing to leave their nets or to cast
them on the right side for Truth, have the opportunity
now, as aforetime, to learn and to practise
Christian healing. The Scriptures contain it.
The spiritual import of the Word imparts this power.
- KJV 254:24-31
- If you venture upon the quiet surface of error and are
in sympathy with error, what is there to disturb the waters?
What is there to strip off error’s disguise?
If you launch your bark upon the ever-agitated but
healthful waters of truth, you will encounter storms.
Your good will be evil spoken of. This is the
cross. Take it up and bear it, for through it
you win and wear the crown.
- KJV 520:3-5 The
- The depth, breadth,
height, might, majesty, and glory of infinite Love fill all
Luke 5:1-6, 8, 9
Luke 4:14, 15
John 21:1 (to ;), 3-6
Mark 16:14, 15, 17
Prov. 8:20, 21
SH 272:3-5, 9
SH 35:2, 19-25
SH 330:19 God
SH 520:3-5 The
70 God giveth light to all
77 God is my strong salvation
239 O sometimes gleams upon our sight